Preferred 8 Frame Langstroth Hive Kit
Learn More : See our frames and foundation buyers guide.
This kit includes what a beekeeper needs, to start a hive and to be ready as the colony expands.
Two 8-frame deep boxes and a full set of frames are included to establish the colony with the brood box and space as it expands.
Then, as your bees built their honey reserves, two 8-frame medium boxes are included, again with a full set of frames, to store that glorious honey.
Though this hive has the capacity for a huge amount of honey, the use of 8 frame boxes helps make hive inspections just that little bit easier on the back!
- Outer cover
- Deep rim inner cover
- Hivetop feeder
- 2 medium pine assembled boxes
- 16 assembled medium wood frames, with white Pierco foundation and extra wax applied*
- 2 assembled deep pine hive bodies
- 16 assembled deep wood frames, with black Pierco foundation and extra wax applied*
- Plastic queen excluder
- Reversible bottom board with varroa screen
- Flat monitoring Ttay
- Standard smoker
- Standard hive tool
- The Beekeeper’s Handbook
- Deluxe Leather Gloves