FREE shipping on orders $75+ and just $10 on most other orders*
* To addresses in the contiguous US, for packages up to 25 lbs. Click here for further details.
Sugar Roll Kit
Uses the sugar roll method, including everything you need to check for varroa mites.
- Shake a frame from the edge of the brood nest into a plastic dish pan. Be careful not to shake the queen
- Scoop 300 bees (about 1/2 cup) into a wide-mouth mason jar
- Cap with 1/8 inch hardware cloth
- Add 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Roll the jar gently for about a minute
- Set in the shade for exactly two minutes
- Shake vigorously over a light-colored surface or bowl for exactly one minute
- Spray with water to dissolve sugar and show presence of mites
- Count mites. The infection rate is the number counted divided by 3.