FREE shipping on orders of $75+ and a simple, flat $10 on all other orders (in the contiguous US
Sugar Roll Kit
Uses the sugar roll method, including everything you need to check for varroa mites.
- Shake a frame from the edge of the brood nest into a plastic dish pan. Be careful not to shake the queen
- Scoop 300 bees (about 1/2 cup) into a wide-mouth mason jar
- Cap with 1/8 inch hardware cloth
- Add 2 tablespoons of powdered sugar
- Roll the jar gently for about a minute
- Set in the shade for exactly two minutes
- Shake vigorously over a light-colored surface or bowl for exactly one minute
- Spray with water to dissolve sugar and show presence of mites
- Count mites. The infection rate is the number counted divided by 3.