Lyson Hobby Uncapping Tank
The Lyson Hobby Uncapping Tank features:
- A stainless steel rectangular tank with a removable grate that sits 2″ above the floor of the tank, allowing honey to collect and drain
- A stainless honey gate welded to the bottom of the tank allows easy pouring into a 5 gallon pail
- Four adjustable steel legs which bolt to the tank walls
Choose from multiple configurations:
The recommended configuration is to place the “A-frame” rack into the tank, at one end, which allows up to 16 uncapped medium frames to be stored while they wait to be extracted. A wooden cross bar with stainless steel hardware is included to be used as a frame rest while uncapping. Simply rest one end of the frames on the sharp point of the screw and uncap into the tank using your preferred tool.
Another possible configuration is to hang frames between the wall of the tank and the wooden cross bar. In this configuration, up to 11 Langstroth frames of any size can be stored. Lastly, the tank can be used just for uncapping by moving the cross bar to the center of the tank. You might also find other ways that fit your style best.
Note: This tank is not compatible with the Lyson table top uncapper, which requires a larger tank.
- Tank length: 23 1/2″ (600mm)
- Tank width: 15 3/4″ (400mm)
- Tank depth: 16 3/8″ (415mm)
- Tank height with adjustable legs: 34 1/2″ (875mm) – 32 7/8″ (835mm)
- Flat bottom tank with 1 1/2″ stainless steel honey gate and elbow
- Clearance under honey gate: 14 5/8″ (370mm) – 13″ (330mm)
- Support for frames while uncapping included
- Removable perforated sieve for draining wax cappings
- Sieve is supported 2″ above tank bottom
- 0.8mm acid resistant stainless steel
- Unit weight empty: 32 pounds (14.5kg)
- Comes unassembled – Full assembly and product instructions can be found here.
Please note there is no cover available for this uncapping tank.
This Lyson Optima Line product is covered by a 2-year structural and a 2-year/24-month limited warranty.