Ultimate Hive Stand (Version 2)
Learn More : See our frames and foundation buyers guide.
An intelligent, modular and elegant solution to the age-old requirement to raise your hive off the ground.
This is the newly-released “version 2” of this very popular hive stand.
Helps avoid damp and reduces the risk of attacks from pests. Raises your hive to a more convenient working height and requires just a few minutes and a screwdriver to assemble.
- Swing-out Frame Holders make working hives easier.
- Raises hive 12″ off ground for easier access and better ventilation.
- Works with any bottom board (Ultimate Bottom Board recommended).
- Hive sits on heavy-duty rails for total support.
- Available for 8-frame and 10-frame hives.
- Built-in drains keep hive and hive components dry for longer life.
- Large footpads spread load and ensure stability.
- Security screws add extra strength and prevent hive from moving.
- Fast and easy assembly. Less than 2 minutes with only a screwdriver.
Made in the USA from recycled materials that will not rust or rot. Please note that this updated and improved version does not include the sand “port” included on the first version.
This stand is very easy to assemble. I think it'll work well. The size is perfect, but I think I'd rather a tad more height to it. Only 4 stars because it's very light weight. The instructions recommend filling with sand through the cap on the inside, but I couldn't find any place that wasn't sealed shut. I'm really happy with my purchase and I'm sure it'll be way better than the pallets I've used in the past!
I haven’t given a review yet because we have had family issues to attend to. I will say this, I bought this as a secondary stand and it seems well made. Just haven’t had time to fully rate it yet. Please get back to me in a couple of months for a better review on this product. Thankyou
Ultimate Hive Stand
Works well, this is my second one.
I have four of these stands. The are solid, easy to put together and with sand placed in the feet as ballast they really don’t budget once seated. I highly recommend them. They are pricey but worth the expenditure.