Beemax 4-Box Kit
$302.00 – $348.35
Made of lightweight polystyrene with an impressive R-value of 6.5, this hive offers colonies a better chance at overwintering in extreme northern temperatures, and staying cool in the hot summer months.
- BeeMax Telescoping Outer Cover
- Wooden Inner Cover for BeeMax
- 2 BeeMax Medium Supers
- 20 Medium Frames
- 2 BeeMax Deep Hive Bodies
- 20 Deep Frames
- Plastic Queen Excluder
- Beemax Bottom Board with Built-in Varroa Screen
- Varroa Monitoring Equipment (Optional)
Q: Should I paint this hive?
A: BeeMax hive bodies should be painted with exterior latex paint to help protect the polystyrene from the sun’s UV rays and extend the life of the hive
Q: What is the difference between plastic foundation with wax versus heavy wax?
A: All plastic frames come waxed, but heavy wax has an extra layer that bees accept better, speeding up the process of drawing comb.
Q: When would I use black vs. white foundation?
A: The following will help you decide.
- Black foundation is great for brood, the high contrast against eggs allows easier identification
- White foundation is great for supers, the light nature of the plastic displays the true color of honey