For any online community, such as PerfectBee Colony, an important factor is exactly how and where members engage with each other. Somewhat over-simplifying a complex issue, this often boils down to a choice between a private Facebook group, as we have today, or an online forum.
Since the launch of PerfectBee Colony in early 2018, members have engaged with each other through the Colony Facebook Group. This has served us well as a great way to establish the thriving and active beekeeping community it is today. We thank all our members!
But times are a-changing…
On September 1st 2019 we will be moving to the PerfectBee Colony Beekeeping Forum.
This article, which will be updated with more details in the coming days, describes why members will see significant benefits from this change.
We are very excited about our new forum and will be releasing more information soon. In the meanwhile, here is a brief summary of some of these benefits (we will be in touch with Colony members with details of how to access our new forum when it is launched).
Colony Beekeeping Forum Benefits
- Access better organized topics. Our forum has a well-defined, consistent and easy-to-navigate structure. You will be able to easily find valuable, focused and active beekeeping discussions.
- Stay up to date easier. You will have much better control over when and how you are notified of updates to beekeeping topics of interest to you, whether via the forum site itself or via eMail.
- More Colony members. Every Colony member – not just those with a Facebook account – can now participate.
- Earn your badges! We love it when folks engage, ask questions and contribute. So as you engage more we’ll reward you with badges and new features. More fun!
- Better, more helpful search. If you are looking for something, you will find a much better and more powerful search facility.
- Simple, easy access. You will use the same Colony username and password you use today to log on today – no new accounts necessary.
But one important thing never changes – the Colony member community will remain the helpful, collaborative and super friendly place to discuss beekeeping that it is today!