Varrox Oxalic Acid Vaporizer
This varrox oxalic acid vaporizer for beehives allows for controlled transfer of heat to vaporize the acid.
This vaporizer comes with “side” wings that serve to keep the vaporizer from overturning in the hive.
The operator must use a respirator with an organic acid filter when treating with oxalic acid as well as gloves and goggles.
- Load the cup of the vaporizer with one gram (per brood chamber) of oxalic acid and insert it in the hive.
- Seal the entrance using a foam strip or rags.
- Connect the leads to the battery for 2-1/2 minutes.
- Leave the vaporizer in place an additional 2 minutes.
- The vaporizer can now be removed and you can move on to the next hive.
- The hive should remain sealed an additional 10 minutes to allow the vapors to fully distribute in the hive.
The item was comparatively priced to other retailers. The instructions were easy to follow. I coupled it with a Harbor Freight 3-in-1 jumper, and it was easy to use. I'm disappointed it did not get this product sooner.