Queen Marking Pen
Learn More : See our frames and foundation buyers guide.
Use this colorfast ink pen to indicate the year the queen is introduced to a hive.
Help yourself locate your queen so you can safely transfer resources to other hives. You may also confirm that she has not been replaced.
There is a purpose to the color used to mark a queen! While you can purchase whatever color you wish, beekeepers use the following colors to track the age of their queens.
- Years Ending in #1 & #6: White
- Years Ending in #2 & #7: Yellow
- Years Ending in #3 & #8: Red
- Years Ending in #4 & #9: Green
- Years Ending in #5 & #10: Blue