FREE shipping on orders of $75+ and a simple, flat $10 on all other orders (in the contiguous US
Plastic Frames with Beeswax-Coated Foundation
$2.69 – $3.48
Why spend time assembling frames when you could be working your bees and honey? These assembled frames are pre-coated with beeswax. Features No assembly required
- No assembly required
- Reinforced frame ears minimize breakage
- 15% more brood area/honey production
- Damaged comb can be scrapped and reused
- Standard size works with any uncapper
- Consistent and uniform cell depth–less drone comb
Adding additional wax can greatly improve the acceptance of frames by bees, plus the rate that they will draw them out. Frames are available with a heavier layer of wax.
Alternatively, you can add more wax yourself using a foam paint roller or brush. You will need 1 to 1-1/2 pounds of wax for 10 deep frames. For safety reasons, beeswax needs to be melted in a double boiler or crockpot.