FREE shipping on orders of $75+ and a simple, flat $10 on all other orders*
* Contiguous US
Ultimate Hive Cover
A market-leading, proven hive cover for 10-frame Langstroth hives, featuring an innovative design with these benefits:
- Double wall construction with internal air space insulates hive to keep hive cooler in summer and warmer in the winter
- Passive ventilation system improves airflow for more honey production.
- Reduces moisture for healthier beesFits all 10-frame equipment
- Built-in drip edge keeps hive and hive components dry for longer life
- Technopolymer construction will not rot, never needs painting, no assembly, ready to use
- When placed upside down on the ground is a convenient place to place boxes during a hive inspection
- Clean, contemporary design looks great in any apiary or garden.
- Lightweight and easy to handle.
- Made in USA from recycled materials
- Works great with the Ultimate Hive-Top Feeder
- 10 frame only
Great roofs for my new hives
Replaced wooden telescoping outer cover with this cover and noticed that my bees aren’t building burr comb on the top underside of the cover. I also purchased an Ultimate robbing/ moving screen to my hive; it works great. I keep only on side of it open so entrance is very small. There are venting holes that allow the aromas of honey, nectar, and bee bread for robbing bees to smell, but they can’t fit through the holes and the small entrance I have is very easy for my bees to guard in case robbers find the opening.I am keeping the robber screen on until winter prep. l also purchased the Ultimate screened bottom board that also comes 4 mouse excluders/entrance reducers which I will install after I remove the robbing screen. It also comes with a plastic coated bottom board that can be used for mite and small hive beetle monitoring
Well built so far working fine , will update for colder months .
Very excited about this cover and the opportunity to feed the bees with a feeder I can monitor on the outside of the hive. Bee shipments have been delayed by weather, so I will be using it later this week.
Ultimate Hive Cover