SolutionBee HM-1 Sensor
The HM-1 Smart Hive Temperature and Humidity Sensor is a valuable tool for the hobbyist beekeeper wanting to better understand what’s happening in the hive.
The HM-1 tracks and records both temperature and humidity readings, every hour. The monitor measures even slight changes in internal hive temperature and humidity.
Readings are collected through an Android or iOS smartphone equipped with Bluetooth technology, which is available in virtually all modern smartphones.
- The monitor is read via with the B-ware™ Phone App loaded on your Android or iOS smartphone.
- The Bluetooth connection is easily established by simply approaching the hive with the app running on your smartphone. Data is uploaded with a tap of the app.
- Available with a choice of medium or deep frame featuring a special pocket for the sensor.
- Hive characteristics can be viewed with trend graphs generated from data gathered by HM-1 Sensor. These can optionally be analyzed with additional data collected from the available SolutionBee HM-5 monitor.
- Excellent brood management by your bees is characterized by a consistent 95F temperature graph, day and night. Fluctuations in temperature indicate less than ideal brood production.
Still waiting for the item to arrive in New Zealand, happy to post a review once received :-)
Since beekeeping is a hobby, I have been on the lookout for an affordable monitoring system and this frame sensor fit the bill. Very easy to install and upload. Nice graphs and charts. I realize it is nowhere as complete and the full monitoring system but it is interesting to see the temperature and humidity data it gathers. the only concern I have will be when the battery finally needs changing. As someone who has to wear gloves due to an allergy to bees, it's going to be interesting trying to remove and replace the tacks on a frame full of brood, honey and bees.