Wooden Frames (Unassembled)
$15.25 – $139.95
They feature a either a wedged or a grooved top bar (the bottom bars are grooved).
- Wedged top bars are used with crimped-wire foundation to create a solid, reliable frame with a beeswax foundation. Wedged top bars are also commonly used with unwired drone foundation or unwired brood foundation.
- Grooved top bars are used with plastic foundation.
Starter guides are also available, which can be inserted into the wedged top bar. These act as a guide for bees and are favored by those who wish to follow foundationless beekeeping principles.
* Nails not included. The following nails are available separately:
- Nails for frames. These nails are used to build the frame itself.
- Nails for wedge frames. These nails are used to attach the wedge back to the top frame, such as when inserting crimped-wire foundation.
- Deep Frame: 9 1/8″
- Medium Frame: 6 1/4″
- Shallow Frame: 5 3/8″